The mega millions lottery is all the way past $1 BILLION and with the next drawing happening this Friday, we only have a day to dream about what we would spend the winnings on, here is my list of things I would do for the city of Quincy if I won the upcoming mega millions drawing.
According to npr.org…
“The Mega Millions jackpot is above $1 billion for the third time in the history of the lottery. No one had a ticket matching all six numbers drawn Tuesday night. At $1.025 billion, this jackpot is the third largest in Mega Millions history. The next drawing is Friday at 11 p.m. ET”
Npr.org goes on to say in their article that if you take the payout of one lump sum you’d end up with just over $600 million after uncle sam takes his cut.
Soooo…How would you spend it? Besides buying things for myself like a classic car I’ve always wanted, a new house, and setting up my parents and family members for life, we know those are the types of things we would all do.
But here is a list of things I would do for the city of Quincy if I won the big bucks.
- I’d become the largest donor for Quincy Community Theatre, whatever they needed to update the space and continue to put on incredible productions I’d write them the check.
- Build a Food Truck area somewhere in The District, a place where there is plenty of seating and parking so people could come and enjoy all of the different food trucks in Quincy.
- I would purchase a ain’t new space for the Quincy Human Society so they never had to turn away an animal again, and help them with their funding.
- I would pay for the renovations to the Washington Theater
- Set up a grant to make sure that whenever a historical building or home in Quincy needed renovations or work to keep it alive there could be money for it.
What would you do for Quincy or your town in the Tri-States if you won the Mega Millions on Friday?
LOOK: See the iconic cars that debuted the year you were born